Some non-admin users may notice that the software cannot find the license even if the software was successfully licensed. Please follow the steps below to fix this issue:
1) Verify that a license file (.cml) exists on your PC: C:\ProgramData\3D Systems\LicFiles\[SofwarePackage]\[Version]
2) Open regedit.
3) Navigate to to the following registry key:
Geomagic Essentials = HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CimLM\studioEssentials\1.0
Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS = HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CimLM\studioCaptureSW\2019.0
Note: If regedit was launched as admin then do this under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
Note: Manually create this key if it does not exist already (right click on existing key > New > Key).
4) Right click and select New > String Value
5) Name the String Value "LocalLicPath".
6) Right click on this value and select Modify
7) Enter the correct value data listed below:
Geomagic Essentials = C:\ProgramData3D Systems\LicFiles\studioEssentials\1.0
Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS = C:\ProgramData\3D Systems\LicFiles\studioCaptureSW\2019.0
8) Verify that the registry information was all entered correctly
4) Relaunch the application