Some GibbsCAM EDM users may encounter the following error message:
This error occurs when one of the windows controls that EDM uses has not been installed properly. The official installer should handle this, but in this case a control fails to register with windows. There are 2 ways to solve this problem.
Option 1: Reinstall
Remove the current instalation as described here: Steps for completely removing Gibbs from your system and reinstalling
Reinstall the desired version with Admin rights.
Option 2: Manual Registation
1) Download this file: RegisterEDM.fix
2) Launch Comand Prompt as Adminatrator.
3) Change the directory to
C:\Program Files\3D Systems\GibbsCAM\xx.0.xx.0-en-US\PlugIns\EDM
4) Copy the RegisterEDM.fix file into this folder.
5) Rename the file to RegisterEDM.bat
6) Run the bat file by typing "RegisterEDM" in command prompt
7) A message like “windows control registration successful” should appear once for each of the controls.
INTERNAL SYSTEM ERROR
Unable to load a windows control
(A required OCX is probably missing or corrupted)
Make a note of the above message
This program cannot continue, it will now shut down