This guide is applicable for GibbsCAM network licenses from v9 through v12.
The creation and installation of the license file can now be done via the internet or manually if the user's environment does not allow internet access.
1) If you have a hardware key, plug in the key and download and install the hardware key drivers on your server.
2) Download and install GibbsCAM NLO Server v188.8.131.52
3) During the installation process, the GibbsCAM Licensing Utility will open. Select Network License Server as the Registration Type, then click on Run Registration Tool.
4) Enter your Product Code and registration information, then click Finish.
5) A license file,
license#####-#.lic, will be created in your deployment directory. This is located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\3D Systems\NLO Registration Tool\
The following is not applicable unless prompted:
- If prompted, select Yes in response to, 'Would you like to install RLM license server applications in ?'
- If your Windows Firewall is turned on you will be asked to open two ports.
- If prompted, select Yes in response to, 'RLM server application copied. The RLM server uses ports 2764 and 2765. Do you want these ports opened in the Windows firewall?'
- Select Yes in response to, 'Would you like to start the RLM server as a Windows Service', unless you prefer to start the RLM server manually from a command prompt.
1) Install the GibbsCAM software on each client machine.
2) After launching the GibbsCAM software, the GibbsCAM Licensing Utility will open. Select Network License Client as the Licnese Registration Type, then click Run Registration Tool.
3) Enter your Product Code and registration information, then click Finish. This will transfer the 'license#####-#.lic' file from the server to the client computer. If this process fails, you may receive an error message as shown below:
The license file can be manually copied from the server to the client to this folder location:
C:\ProgramData\3D Systems\GibbsCAM\LicenseData\[version] where the [version] is replaced by the GibbsCAM version number that was installed. Also make sure that there are no other license files in that folder before transferring the license file from the server.
1) Be sure the RLM server is running. The RLM server contains an embedded Web Server which is started automatically on port 5054 when RLM is started. To use the web server, simply point your browser to:
http://ServerHostName:5054 and select 'Status', (example: http://nancy-pc1:5054)
2) The Deployment Destination for license files must be set to
C:\Program Files (x86)\3D Systems\NLO Registration Tool\. The Deployment Destination should not be set to any other path, otherwise the license utility will not find the license file.
3) Licensing issues on the server can be troubleshooted by going to
C:\Program Files (x86)\3D Systems\NLO Registration Tool and reviewing the
4) If the Registration Tool was run recently, make sure there are no other license files in
C:\Program Files (x86)\3D Systems\NLO Registration Tool other than the most recently dated file.
5) If the client computer is not able to find the RLM service, make sure the client computer can ping the server via Windows Command Line Prompt by using the following command:
ping IP_Address. Also make sure that ports 2764 and 2765 are not blocked by any firewall or anti-virus applications.
Other NLO Points of Interest
- Documentation for RLM can be found at http://www.reprisesoftware.com/RLM_Enduser.html
- FAQ for RLM can be found at http://www.reprisesoftware.com/admin/software-licensing-faq.php
- The latest RLM End-User Download Bundle can be found at http://www.reprisesoftware.com/admin/software-licensing-download.php